S1 S2 S3 Site Safety Supervisor
S1 S2 S3 mining competencies are a requirement for individuals working in the Resource Sector who are required to undertake the role of and perform the duties of a Mine Supervisor.
The course covers the skills and knowledge required to apply processes within risk management, conduct safety and health investigations and communicate in the workplace.
Who Should Attend?
In accordance with Queensland regulations, the S1 S2 S3 competencies are a requirement for a person to have authority to supervise workers on a mine site.
To undertake the role of Site Safety Supervisor, a solid understanding of safety and risk management and applying safe working practices on a mine site is required.
S1 S2 S3 Site Safety Supervisor course requires the completion of the following units of competency to achieve a Statement of Attainment from the RII30218 Certificate III in Underground Coal Operations qualification:
- RIIRIS301D Apply risk management processes
- RIIWHS301D Conduct safety and health investigations
- RIICOM301D Communicate information
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfer are available to all students. Please contact our Admin Team for more information on the RPL pathway and Credit Transfer processes.
Assessment is based on competency, which is the ability to demonstrate specific skills.
A range of assessment methods will be utilised to assess competence in each unit within the course including group activities, projects, written questions, presentation, observation etc.
Our S1 S2 S3 Site Safety Supervisor course is delivered as a blended delivery program over 2 days in the classroom where assessment tasks are completed within the training session.
Students who require more time to develop their understanding of the training content have the opportunity to complete and submit their assessments tasks within six months from commencement.
Face to face training is conducted at our facility in Thornton NSW which is easily accessible for individuals from the Hunter Valley, Maitland, Newcastle Region, Lake Macquarie, Central Coast, Port Stephens and Mid-North Coast areas.
Strategic Corporate Training is able assist individuals who already hold the S1 S2 S3 units but require refresher training to ensure the competencies are being maintained.
Contact our Admin Team for more information on the S1 S2 S3 Refresher program.
On successful completion of the S1 S2 S3 Site Safety Supervisor course, students will have learned the skills and knowledge to:
- apply risk management processes in the resources industries including: plan and prepare for risk management; assess and identify unacceptable risk; review risk management documentation; identify and recommend controls; contribute to the implementation of controls
- conduct safety and health investigations in resources industries including: determine the investigation objectives; gather information; evaluate information; identify courses of action; prepare and present investigation reports
- communicate information in the resources industries including: plan and prepare to communicate information; communicate information verbally; communicate information in writing; achieve meeting outcomes; make a presentation; participate in negotiations.